Wednesday 23 October 2013

Look Global, Shoot Local



I love a good fashion shoot, and in my time as a fashion stylist/editor I have been lucky enough to shoot them in London, Paris, New York, et al.  The creativity that comes into play creating beautiful photos is totally inspirational - and addictive - so imagine my delight in being able to stage a world-class shoot here in Kelowna, using nothing but home grown talent.

The planets must have been in alignment, because I managed to connect with Lindsey Fisette, a wonderful 23 year old Kelowna-raised fashion photographer who is now based in Australia, but was just home for a month on holiday. Lindsey then hooked me up with the fantastic Bri Stein, a local - and really talented - makeup artist, and models Emilee and Matt from local agency Deja Vu.  My Icon Okanagan connections netted us hair styling from Annah at Cream Hair and Make Up Lounge, and clothes from MacDermott's Menswear and Justin Paul Fashions. And lastly, we were able to organise a simply amazing location in Bo.tegga Farm Inn - a boutique hotel and working alpaca farm.

Next thing I knew, Go Okanagan at Shaw Cable were interested in what was going on, and decided to pop down and shoot the shoot - if you know what I mean.

It was a wonderfully exciting and productive day for all involved, and the results were - if I do say so myself- pretty darn gobsmacking.  But if you don't believe me, you can see for yourself... the shoot is in the new issue of Icon magazine, which you can pick up from numerous locations around the Okanagan or online at http://www.icon-okanagan.com/articles/. You can also see the shoot, and learn more about Lindsey on Go Okanagan's website at http://www.shaw.ca/ShawTV/Kelowna/Shows/ShawTV/ .

All-in-all, it was a good days work, and - hopefully - the first of many to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: