Wednesday 24 April 2013

Guilty Pleasures...

1. Having worked as a freelancer for a number of my career years, often are the times I found myself at loose ends of a weekday afternoon, and one of my favourite things to do in said instance was to take myself off to an afternoon matinee.  There is nothing like having the cinema almost to yourself, and just immersing yourself in popcorn and good pop culture.

2. One of my favourite London places is the Prince Charles Cinema, just off Leicester Square, a second run film house that offers a place to catch up on titles once they'd finish the regular cinema rounds, at a bargain price - which is great because being a freelancer who's free on a weekday afternoon usually equals a lack of funds at that particular point in time.

So imagine my excitment when having scanned all the various cinema listing in Kelowna and noting a dearth of matinee performances, I finally found my way through to the Landmark 'Encore' Cinema in West Kelowna. This five screen theatre offers a second chance to see films that have left the bigger cinemas, at the knock down price of $4, with a selection of afternoon matinees available at $3. You can also take advantage of  Toonie Thursdays, with all admissions $2 - bargain!

Giant popcorn and Diet Coke in hand, my husband and I settled down to spend the afternoon with Quentin Taratino's 'Django' - well worth the treck over to the Westside. If you haven't already seen it, I won't be giving anything away by telling you the scene with the 'white hood debate' amongst the Ku Klux Klan is possibly one of the funniest things I have seen in yonks. I laughed til I cryed.

Check out the schedule at http://www.landmarkcinemas.com/west-kelowna.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: