Sunday 5 May 2013

The Good (New) Life Meets La Bonne Vie...


















Doesn't everyone absolutely love it when you discover a new place to shop that utterly tickles your aesthetic fancy? LBV Designs (LBV stands for 'La Bonne Vie' - or 'the good life') on Pandosy is such a place for me. This little 'house-like' boutique is packed full of treasure for both the home and your wardrobe, and is an Aladdin's cave of style.

Owner Tracey Wickenheiser embraces design from a global perspective, then distills it into her own world view - and her shop would not be out of place on Melrose Avenue in LA or in New York's SoHo, London's Hoxton or Paris's Le Marais.  The fact that it is here is Kelowna is so cool, and makes me so happy, that I am actually dribbling.

La Bonne Vie's fashion department contains great labels like 7 for All Mankind, Current/Elliot (from whom I-want-I-want-I-want a pair of 'Boyfriend' jeans), 213 Industry, oneteaspoon (from whom I-want-I-want-I-want a pair of chambray 'Bobby Pants' or 'Surrender Super Baggies') and Rebecca Taylor (from whom I-want-I-want-I-want a 'Starflower Shift Dress'), Daisy Knight watches (which I will be doing a whole blog posting about, so stay tuned)... It's like LBV is Holt Renfrew packed into a 'Mini-Me' version.

Then there are the interiors.  Great coffee table books on fashion and design, felted cushions with a beautifully crafted skull motif, a slender fourposter bed with elegantly hooved feet, a 70's-spikey 'Orion' Mirror, and gorgeous wall coverings in deco'esque geometric patterns in sumptuous colours like plum, jade, blush pink and powder blue, mixed with metallic silvers and golds ... LBV's aesthetic for the season is all about modern maximalism, and what a tonic it is.

And... what's in the shop is only the tip of the iceberg, at least as far as interiors are concerned.  Tracey can work with you, bringing in a wide variety of things from her carefully chosen suppliers, to create the kind of home of which you dream.  Whether you want to go whole hog, which could get you featured in magazines like 'Style at Home', or simply pick a few perfect pieces to add oomph to your current decor, your home can't help but be better off.

If I sound like I'm gushing, well... I am. The Good (New) Life [La Bonne (Nouvelle) Vie] has meet La Bonne Vie [The Good Life] and thinks we may well become BFF's.







~
Images sourced from La Bonne Vie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: