Saturday 10 May 2014

koLu-licious...



I LOVE a good boutique, me.  

At different points in my life Melrose Ave, King's Road and Spring Street (to name a few) have all held a magnetic attraction for me, for this very reason, and I have spend many delicious hours (not to mention significant chunks of my paycheck) indulging in my passion. Luckily, Kelowna is no slouch in this department. There are loads of great shopping experiences to be had, and my only (small) complaint is that I can't believe I have somehow managed to live here for a whole year without koLu popping up on my radar.  Luckily, this was recently rectified while doing research for the spring issue of ICON's fashion pages.

The boutique is a bit tucked away in Spall Plaza (perhaps why it escaped my attention for so long), but if you look for London Drugs and then jog to the left, you will find a truly big city shopping experience, with good reason; Kolu also has a location in Venice Beach, LA and is soon to open a new store in Calgary. 


KoLu is filled to the brim with great labels, and offers both more casual as well as full on fashion looks, and also has some of the best shoes in Kelowna. The boutique brings in hand picked footwear, clothing and accessories from labels around the globe, with merchandise arriving weekly from NY, Paris, Italy, Spain, Netherlands, Toronto, Germany, France, Belgium, LA, Australia, and Korea. Sarah Pacini is one of my new favs, and I am super-stoked that Sigerson Morrison shoes are to be had.

One of the other great things about koLu is that it is manned by great 'stylists' who are totally a) knowledgeable and b) helpful, while being very pleasant indeed. And let's face it, we pretty much always need an educated second opinion when buying clothes, no?

koLu: 118-1950 Harvey Ave; Kelowna, BC; V1Y 8J8
Phone: 250 861 5658
Hours: Mon - Wed10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Thu - Fri10:00 am - 7:00 pm; Sat10:00 am - 6:00 pm; Sun12:00 pm - 5:00 pm

Website: http://www.kolu.ca/shop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: