Friday 16 August 2013

Star Fever...


One of the coolest things about living in places like London and Los Angeles is that you never know what fabulous person you might find yourself standing behind in the supermarket queue or next to in the pub.

Sadly, I am really useless at noticing celebs. Apparently, I have stood behind Dudley Moore in a cinema lineup ('You mean the really short guy?' I asked my bemused boyfriend at the time), and also have photographic evidence of myself sitting behind Kanye West at the last fashion show I attended (and, yes, I had to ask my friend who he was). However, the fact that I can now have these same brushes with fame here in the Okanagan Valley just further confirms that Kelowna (and area) is the place to be.

So just how happening is the Okanagan?  Well... actor, director, producer, screenwriter, humanitarian and all-round heartthrob George Clooney is currently ensconced in Enderby filming his new film, Disney's sci-fi 'Tomorrowland'.

Okanagan. George Cloony. Need I say more?

Actually, I will. The movie also stars Hugh Laurie as the villain, which - for any Brits or fans of 'House' - is every bit as cool.

Word on the street says that  'Tomorrowland' will be filming on and off in Enderby until mid-September. I sense a short road trip in my future - now, where did I put my binoculars?

~

Image sourced from Time.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment: